Your smile is one of your most valuable assets. It’s often the first thing people notice about you. It’s the focus of
attention whenever you speak. Your smile reflects your health and your personality. The crowning glory of a great smile are those two rows of perfectly straight, pearly white
teeth. A healthy, attractive smile is a source of confidence and emotional well-being.
- People of almost any age can benefit from orthodontic treatment.
- Often, people’s teeth, lips and jaws don’t line up the way they should, detracting from their smiles.
- A bad bite, " malocclusion," can contribute to tooth decay, gum disease and even tooth loss at any age.
- A bad bite can also cause abnormal wear of tooth surfaces, difficulty in chewing and speaking and excessive stress on the bone that supports the teeth and gum tissue.
- An uncorrected bad bite may lead to other, more serious problems. Crooked and crowded teeth may contribute to poor self-esteem. They are hard to clean and maintain, which may lead to
tooth decay, gum disease and, eventually, tooth loss.